Class of 2015-present: Request your HS transcript!

Class of 2015-Present

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Paying for College

Here's another little "tidbit" of information to help you learn about different ways to pay for college. This is directly from the the publication "Paying for College" from MOHE.

American Indian Students
American Indian students in Minnesota may be eligible for additional financial aid from the state of Minnesota, the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs and their tribe.
Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program Scholarships are available to eligible American Indian students who are either undergraduate students enrolled at least 3/4 time or graduate students enrolled at least half time. Eligibility and awards are based on need.

Eligibility Requirements: In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must be:
• one-fourth or more American Indian
• a Minnesota resident for state financial aid purposes
• enrolled in an accredited college, university or vocational school in Minnesota
• undergraduates must qualify for a Pell or State Grant, graduate students must demonstrate need
Application Process: Students should complete the FAFSA and complete an application at The priority deadline is July 1. Information and application forms also are available from:
Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program Minnesota Office of Higher Education Tel: (651) 642-0567 or (800) 657-3866 E-mail:

American Indian Tuition Waiver

The American Indian Tuition Waiver at the University of Minnesota, Morris, recognizes the campus’ origins as the Morris Indian Boarding School founded in the 1800s. American Indian students admitted to the University of Minnesota, Morris, may apply for this waiver by submitting the American Indian tuition waiver application and supplying acceptable documentation.
Eligibility Requirements: To qualify for this benefit, students must be accepted by the university’s admissions office, complete the American Indian Tuition Waiver
application and provide American Indian heritage documentation, which may include the following:
• tribal registration proving membership in a federally- recognized American Indian tribe
• certificate of Indian blood • other legal documentation of American Indian heritage
Application Process: Complete the application at Students with questions should call (800) 992-8863 or e-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment