MTV, Get Schooled and the College Board have launched “My College Dollars,” a Facebook application that utilizes information from a user’s Facebook profile – including age, gender and state – to connect students with targeted financial aid opportunities.
To promote the use of My College Dollars, music artists, actors and athletes will inspire students and inform them about the campaign.
My College Dollars:
- Connects students with the nearly $6 billion in available scholarship aid and $45 billion in federal and state grants.
- Uses information from a user’s Facebook profile to connect him or her to relevant financial aid opportunities.
- Features video tutorials from talent and other influential experts on how to get the financial aid students need.
- Connects to existing social networks for support, guidance and sharing and tracking each other’s progress.
- Integrates a calendar to help students track important dates and milestones.
- Features a dynamic “Ask the Experts” FAQ, in which selected user questions will be answered by a panel of experts on a regular basis.